Election of 7th Dec. 2013

Town Union election was held on Saturday 7th December 2013. The election was very successful. List of the new Town Union Executives are: 1. Engr. Silas Anonde - President General, 2. Mr. Kester Ikwueze - First Vice President, 3. Mr. Uzendu Henry - Second Vice President, 4. Mr. Ikwueze Festus - Secretary General, 5. Mr. Eze Francis - Assistant Secretary General, 6. Mr. Aliozor Kenneth - Financial Secretary, 7. Mr. Charles Igboeli - Treasurer, 8. Mr. Livinus Emehelu - PRO, 9. Mr. Ibe Lawson - Provost 10. Barr. Peter Ozoagu - Legal Adviser



Monday, June 28, 2010

Comments from Capt. Peter Ozogu

My dear Secretary,
Best compliments. thanks for keeping to your promise. I have gone through the minutes of last meeting and these are my contributions.

On ward Reps. I am in support of your decision to sanction those erring members by way of fine but the idea of dimissing their membership from the house and hand picking another person from their wards to replace them is not legally correct and negates the idea of delegated representative. This is bcos they were sent by their pple and if they eer, the only thing that the house can do is to send a letter to their various wards and complain about the attitudes of the members and further mandate the wards to replace them forthwith. The idea of complaining, debating sanctioning them and executing the sanction by themslves makes the Town union to be a judge in its own court and since the pple are representing their wards, it is only the wards that can dismiss their membersip or recall based on the letter from the Town union.

The borehole issue. It gladdens my hears to hears about the water project once again. this is bcos at the begiining of the year, when I learn about it. I personally made personally contact with the authorities in Enugu state and communicated same to Hon Festus Magbo and Engr Ejike Anigbo. So hearing about it again gives me joy. My advise is that your pple should pursue it with vigour and utmost despatch to ensure that oour pple have water.

On the authority letter from the Igwe. I holds the view that the union should please dialogue with the Igwe and his cabinet and get them to see reasons why they should sign the letter for the progress of our community but if in the long run the Igwe and his cabinet want to set the hands to fhe clock back, the only option will be the MOU that I suggest can have a clause that will empower the town union to monitor, supervise and if possible execute the project in conjuction with the Abuja branch of Oghe association. Again, I will further advise that these things are legal and technically in nature. Therefore, I will like to see it to avoid certain defects against the future.

Finally, I have to thank you for the good job but note that when communicationg with the world, issues should be clearly spelt out. Pse what is the meaning of RUWASA. Thanks and my regards to all.

PC OZOAGU

Captain

No comments: